Letters to Love: Memories

As I was preparing to wash my dishes after breakfast today, I realized that I didn't want to! Not because I was lazy, but because I didn't want to remove the traces of a beautiful and happy moment. But thanks to technology, I guess I can save that memory without having to keep the dishes gross and dirty!



Even if this picture does not hold meaning to anyone else, it will always do for me! It is evidence to my happiness. It is evidence that I wasn't alone. I could have just ignored it. But something in me told me not to!

Living life as we do, we often come across different moments. Some make us very happy, some very sad. But often instead of whole-heartedly embracing them, we shut ourselves up. 

I feared happiness because I was scared that it might not last. I ignored my pain because I knew it won't last. Like waves, I couldn't stop them from coming. But I chose to not surf any.

We end up living like that, ignoring our own heart & feelings. There is a poem I read somewhere:

When the wind blows, let it come, stay & leave.
When a feeling of longing comes, let it come, stay & leave.
Pain will come.
It will stay & live.
It will live & leave.    - Anonymous

It is true. Everything will pass away at some point. But not embracing it; be it happiness, pain or even love won't help.

When you are happy, embrace the thought that you are happy. Let it out. Don't hide that smile, or that big laugh .When you are sad, embrace that you are in pain. Cry as much as you want. Comfort yourself.

No one's life is perfect. Our circumstances, memories & feelings make us unique. In this world, where everyone is so unique and yet tied up by the same set of emotions, I wish we could stay true to our feelings. I wish whoever reads this blog post finds the strength to embrace their feelings & memories, just like I did today.

Keep Smiling
Ruhie

0 comments:

Post a Comment